I have a few ideas of what I'm NOT training for.
- I'm not training for a half-marathon. Even though that is my favorite running distance, my knee seems to do okay up to about 7 miles, then it gets cranky. I'll stick with 10Ks or shorter.
- I'm not training for Worlds Toughest 10K. My last few hill training runs have confirmed that for me.
- I'm apparently not training for a triathlon as I haven't been swimming in months (oddly, the only race I've actually signed up for so far this year happens to be a sprint).
- I'm not training for a relay race. Several folks from my running group are doing one up in Colorado. I've opted to pass on that.
There are also a few events over the next several months that I'm thinking about, but I haven't committed by registering for any of them.
- Coyote Caldera Sprint Tri (late April)
- Run for the Zoo 5K or 10K (early May)
- Albuquerque Century Tour de Cure half or metric century (early June)
What about you? Is your training aimed at specific events or are you in limbo like me?