Sunday, March 4, 2012

Getting my Run on

Yesterday morning, the group was meeting across town.  Most of them are running much farther than I am at this point.  My running partner & I decided to just meet at the regular location and do our run separately from the rest of the group.  This also allowed us to run mostly on dirt.

Decided to go five miles.  Other than the fact that it was cold and a bit more breezy that either of us like, it was a good run in comparison to the run on Wednesday.  On Wednesday my knee decided to be a bit cranky for the last half mile or so.  But yesterday my knee was fine the whole way though.  I think the difference may very well be related to running surface.  Dirt is definitely my friend.

I'm traveling on business for the week.  Hoping to get a few days of running in during the week.  It looks like we're going to be putting in some long days and the only time to run will be in the early morning.  It was a pain trying to cram everything into my carry-on bag; if I don't end up using my running stuff, I will be frustrated!  Who knows, maybe that's just the motivation I need to make it happen...

6 comments:

  1. I love to run in new places. I hope you are able to make it happen because as you say it is a lot of extra stuff to take.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a good trip and enjoy your running :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a good trip and hope your runs will be good too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the weather is kind while you're on the trip! I hope you're able to get in a run while you're there.

    I have a tough time putting anything in a carry on. Good luck with that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like a little running would be well worth the effort! safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Running is a great way to see the sites in a new place. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete