1) Tuesday I was supposed to run 4 miles @ 10:30. I did not have a pacer with me, so I had to wing it. I ended up doing the following:
mile 1: 10:51
mile 2: 10:07
mile 3: 10:01
mile 4: 9:46
Oops. Had it been a progressive run, that would be success. But for the prescribed run, it was a big FAIL. However, given that I've had a lot of my mind lately and certainly felt much better at the end, it's all good.
2) Last night our group was supposed to run 30 minutes, then meet at a local diner for dessert. We don't do this often, but we were celebrating our recent successes including our club-mate who PR'd with a 3:18:35 at Boston.I was the ONLY one who actually showed up to run. Everyone else had planned to skip the run and head straight to the food. I caved into peer pressure and consumed a breakfast burrito and a huge serving of bread pudding. Yummy!
3) My son has less than a month to go before high school graduation. In the fall, he will be leaving home to attend school out of state. While I'm extremely proud of him and excited for the opportunities that lie ahead, I'm really not doing very well with the whole leaving home thing.
4) Coach gave me a training plan for the next month, but from a race perspective, I don't have a plan for what's next. Must.Remedy.This.Soon.
5) One of the spectating run club members took photos at the race last weekend. I look like a dork in all of them, but I'll share one from near the finish line in which I look happy (because I was!).