Friday, April 23, 2010

Friday Five

1) Tuesday I was supposed to run 4 miles @ 10:30. I did not have a pacer with me, so I had to wing it. I ended up doing the following:

mile 1: 10:51
mile 2: 10:07
mile 3: 10:01
mile 4: 9:46

Oops. Had it been a progressive run, that would be success. But for the prescribed run, it was a big FAIL. However, given that I've had a lot of my mind lately and certainly felt much better at the end, it's all good.

2) Last night our group was supposed to run 30 minutes, then meet at a local diner for dessert. We don't do this often, but we were celebrating our recent successes including our club-mate who PR'd with a 3:18:35 at Boston.I was the ONLY one who actually showed up to run. Everyone else had planned to skip the run and head straight to the food. I caved into peer pressure and consumed a breakfast burrito and a huge serving of bread pudding. Yummy!

3) My son has less than a month to go before high school graduation. In the fall, he will be leaving home to attend school out of state. While I'm extremely proud of him and excited for the opportunities that lie ahead, I'm really not doing very well with the whole leaving home thing.

4) Coach gave me a training plan for the next month, but from a race perspective, I don't have a plan for what's next. Must.Remedy.This.Soon.

5) One of the spectating run club members took photos at the race last weekend. I look like a dork in all of them, but I'll share one from near the finish line in which I look happy (because I was!).

18 comments:

  1. You would think people would have ran to "justify" having dessert

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes you just feel good and the progression happens. :) Great job!

    LOVE that pic! You look so HAPPY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job. I think the run was a success. I am all about negative splits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go on the negative splits :) Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so no dork. I can't imagine my son leaving home. Granted I have lots of years before it happens, but I will be a basket case. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's nothing better than happy running pictures!

    Nice splits!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that's a great photo! And good job on the speedy run even if it wasn't what you planned!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great photo! Look at that BEAMING smile!

    Nice job on the progressive 4-miler, even if that's not what you were "supposed" to do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great picture!!!

    And you'll definitely adjust to your son being away at school. My mom loved that she had less mess to deal with after I left! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm always happy with a fail that means I ran too fast. It's the too slow ones that bug me. ;o)

    Cute picture!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Still a beautifully progressive run!

    Mmmmm... bread pudding. I LOVE bread pudding.

    What kind of trainer do you have? I'm shopping around for used ones of decent quality so I don't feel so bad about plunking down even more $$$ on my bike.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute photo, that's such a happy smile!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the photo!!!

    I am getting sad for your, kids leaving home on the horizon must be tough. I have a 1st grader and I know that before I know it I will be feeling the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome race photo. You look so strong and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a great photo!

    I remember when I left for college. Even though I was still in state, but 4 hours away, I know it was hard on my mom. I am the oldest. But, little did she know that I would be back almost every other weekend that first semester. lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great job showing up for the run!

    Wow your club-mate did amazing at Boston.

    My son joined the Army in January. It was very hard. I know we have children to raise them to a point where they can go out on their own to add something to this "world" but I just wish they could do it from next door! ;-) It will get easier (slightly).

    Cute picture.

    ReplyDelete