1) I'm taking this week off for recovery. And by off, I mean off. Nothing more than foam rolling, stretching, and a little ab work. Feeling better day-by-day.
2) Husband & I are seriously considering signing up for a half-century ride that's happening on Sunday. Un-trained. Will probably decide one way or the other on Friday. While it seems spur of the moment, it really isn't. We talked about it before the half-marathon and decided to wait to see how we felt afterwards. It's not a race, just a ride. A challenging ride, but just a ride nonetheless. Stay tuned to see if we do this or not...
3) I was reviewing an annotated graph of my splits with a friend of mine, and he said "you know, based on this graph, I'd have to say that you're neither Slow nor Steady. " Which actually made me laugh. But he's right. So it's now gone from my comment signature.
4) I don't mention my kids too much on my blog because they've asked me not to. Having said that, I still feel the need to mention that this is college application season and I'm experiencing a lot of emotion about Son looking to go away to school next year.
5) Puppy is growing like a weed. He's as tall as Bandit now, but skinnier. And he's not done growing. Having both dogs is a lot of fun, though. Good stuff.
6) I picked up a second pair of those Saucony Triumph 5 shoes from ebay. They arrived yesterday. Wonder whether I should put them in rotation with the other pair or just save them for when the other pair is retired? Thoughts?
7) Had car drama earlier this week with the old Explorer that Son drives. Blah. Got repairs done to get it into a safe driving condition, but there is more work that needs to be done on it in the next few weeks. Unscheduled/unplanned repairs = no fun.
8) The scale and I are not on speaking terms. And that's all I have to say about that.