I composed the following 2007 Fitness Goals on 18Dec2006. I really needed to revisit them today. I've been second guessing my preparedness for upcoming races in May and was considering cancelling because my performance isn't going to be 'up to par'. Looking at my goals, the races in May are NOT part of my 'go faster' goal. If I complete them, I make strides toward my goals; if I cancel because of my lack of speed, I don't. Seems simple, so why is it messing with my mind?!?!
I know most of you are competitive, but if you have any favorite quotes or words of encouragement to help me recapture the 'finish and have fun' spirit that I had when I wrote these down, please share!
1. complete 10K race
2. complete Olympic triathlon
3. complete half marathon
1. under 27:35 min stand-alone 5K – just under 9min mi/hr
2. under 01:30:00 at Socorro Chile Harvest Tri
1. Do 3 races of any sort just for kicks - not as stepping stones to farther or faster
2. No races because I feel “I have to” – only because “I want to”
3. Rockin’ race photos :)