1) School is kicking my butt. I am so glad I dropped the second class, it's hard enough to keep up with life and one single graduate class. You name it, I'm behind in it. My opinion swings from one end to another lately about whether taking classes is even a good use of my time or not. Sometimes I think the benefit isn't worth the sacrifice. At other times, I think maybe I should pursue a Masters Degree rather than just a professional certificate. In reality, I just need to take it one step at a time. Right now, I need to focus on getting through this class successfully and figuring out how to juggle my life priorities.
2) My training plan called for a long run of 8 miles for this weekend. I did it this morning. 8.1 miles was my total distance employing a 3:00 run - 0:45 walk interval from beginning to end. My knee feels good. I think this means the half is on! However, I don't think I'm going to be able to do the Albuquerque Half because that's the week I'm scheduled for oral surgery. I have a consultation with the surgeon on Monday, will see what he says about recovery. Worst case, that just means I will plan on doing the half at the run for the zoo two weeks later.
3) It's been a full calendar month today since my mom died. Yesterday I was going through old phone messages and happened across one from her. A few weeks ago, hearing her voice would have made me cry. But yesterday it made me smile. I still miss talking to her, but I think I'm starting to move past the overwhelming grief phase. Happy memories are beginning to emerge again. In the words of Dr. Seuss "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."
4) Don't hate me, but our weather has been quite pleasant lately with several days with highs around 60. I think I might wear sandals today because Daughter and I are supposed to get pedicures. I don't quite know why the nasty polar vortex hasn't managed to dip down far enough to affect us in central New Mexico, but I'm not complaining.
5) I'm just about to head out to drop off my car for 50,000 mile service plus a repair. The driver side read window has decided that it doesn't want to be rolled up. This is the problem with electronic everything - when the electronics act up, you can't do simple things like roll up your window. I guess it's a good thing that our weather has been pleasant. Image driving a car with a window down in nasty winter weather. No thank you! I hope they are able to resolve it today.
Have a good weekend everyone!!