Monday, November 25, 2013

Weekend Wrap-up

Saturday was the last opportunity for me to run with my long time running partner and friend before she moves away.  I asked her if she'd Galloway with me and she obliged.  Actually she really enjoyed it.  Too bad we didn't think of this years ago!  Afterwards we had coffee and snacks and chatted.  I was devastated a few weeks ago when she told me she was moving, but there were no tears on Saturday.  Instead we shared laughter, smiles, and enjoyed this final time together. 

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."

When the mail arrived, I was thrilled to find a small package containing my new Galloway timer.  Doing math while running is hard!  We had actually walked through one entire run section Saturday morning because I lost track of time.  That won't happen now.  Got it programmed for a 3:1 interval for Monday morning and set it aside.
Interval timer all set up for my Galloway intervals
But...that morning run isn't happening.  We also got our first snow of the season yesterday. Which means today the roads are icy.  The schools (even the university) are on a 2 hr delay. By tomorrow morning the snow and ice should be gone.  Who knows, it might even be gone by the time I get home from work today. But this morning, the roads are in no condition for running without modified shoes. I think if I lived somewhere that had more snowy/icy conditions I'd invest in yaktracks or make some screw shoes.  But since this only happens a few days each year where I live, so it's not worth it for me.  I'll just take a rest day instead.
The beginnings of the first snow of the season
The storm that passed through our way over the weekend is heading east.  Stay safe if it comes your way.

13 comments:

  1. Snow! I want snow so bad this year. But not this week. and it may be heading to NC. ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! Look at that snow! That is way too cold for this girl!

    I'm glad that your last run with your buddy was a wonderful one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh! I've never seen one of those - what a good idea! Have fun with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We got a festive dusting of snow today. I'm glad you and your friend had a nice farewell run!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry your friend is moving away, I hope you will find a new running buddy very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's always so hard when running partners move on. I hope you both find new friends to run with soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Snow!! It's heading into summer here :P

    I'm glad you had a great final run with your running partner. People leaving is always sad, but it sounds like you were able to appreciate the time you had - and hopefully you'll stay in contact and each find new running partners locally!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So true: doing math while running is hard! Look at that snow and what a nice get-together with your running buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for a new Galloway timer! I bet that does make things easier when running! Stay safe with the weather. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey I really like that Galloway gadget! How much does it cost? I think I'ld like to get me one.

    Right now I'm always looking at my watch.

    Mom's Home Run

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is sad when running buddies move away. Over here I would say: "first snow for the decade" :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The cold has come here too. 2° C, unusual for this place.
    It is sad when a fiend moves away but now you have one motivation more to travel....

    ReplyDelete
  13. OOOOOOO, where did you get the timer?? I think I would like that!

    ReplyDelete