I decided in my head that I would try out this Galloway Run-Walk-Run thing, and by golly, I actually put it into practice this morning.
- The 3:1 ratio seems like a good place for me to start.
- I ran faster in the run portions than I usually do for a training run, this wasn't intentional, it just sort of happened.
- I like walk breaks, who knew?!?
- Timing this manually sucked. A Galloway Gym Boss interval timer thing is on it's way, it just hasn't arrived yet.
- There are two Galloway training plans for half marathons, one for those just wanting to finish and one for those wanting to finish within a certain time. Since I haven't done a half marathon for 4 years and have been told that my half marathon days are over, I think I'll go with the "just finish" plan.
- I'm not fully committed to training for a half marathon, but I am committed to trying the Galloway method at least until the end of the year.
- Jeff Galloway is nearly 70 and still running marathons, he must be doing something right.
- I'm not sure any of my other running friends will do this with me, but I guess that's okay.
- This whole endeavor has sparked some new excitement/interest that I haven't felt since I first started running. That's got to be a good thing!