Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Midweek Miscellany

Bargain Shopping - Snatched up a black preppy argyle running skirt from ebay the other week.  Woot!  It fits great, is so cute, and the price was right.  Now I just need some warmer weather to really be able to enjoy it. Ebay rocks.

Second Opinions - Due to change in insurance, I need to change to a new orthopedic for my knee.  Had an appointment yesterday to get established as a new patient.  I wasn't happy about the l-o-n-g wait, but it may have been worth it in the end.  I really like her.  She's a runner!  Anyway, the plan of action is to continue with the Euflexxa injections as needed.  I don't need them again now, but when I do, I just need to call and she'll get it set up for me.  And it was nice to have a second opinion.  I don't have an injury, it's "just" moderate arthritis present in both knees, actually.  Sadly, it's just going to get worse over time, but I'll just have to take it one day/month/year at a time.

To Race or Not to Race?  - There are two races in the short term that I'm mulling over.  One is a Super Bowl race (5K or 10K) and the other is a Sweetheart Race the following weekend.  I've decided to do the 5K at the Sweetheart Race. Probably will pass on the super bowl one and just run for fun that weekend.

Mixing Things Up - I'm not doing so well at keeping with the Yoga.  But I have been doing my upper body strength training twice a week.  Ideally, I'd like to do both of those things, but I guess making them both habits is more challenging from a motivation perspective than I expected.

Longer Days - The days are just barely getting long enough that I was able to take my dogs for on our normal 2 mile hill route after work before running out of daylight.  They loved it and so did I.  Just another month, I think, and after work running will be a possibility again. I can barely wait!

5 comments:

  1. It is always nice to have a second opinion. Diagnoses, like most things in life, aren't absolute, so it's always kinda god to have two sets of eyes anaylze what's going on. Good that you like the new dr. and that you have a suitable, workable "plan of action"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad the 2nd opinion matches the first...those are my favorite.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our days are slowly getting shorter with the sun rising later and later...:(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never really trust doctors, a matching second opinion at least puts my mind at ease and can correctly tackle the recovery

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you like your new doctor, it's difficult to find a good, nice doctor! CAN"T WAIT for longer days, the cold, dark days right now are really killng my running motivation. I'm counting down to March and daylight time saving.

    ReplyDelete