- My favorite summer Olympic sport is swimming. Love it. Even if the results have been spoiled before I get to watch it on TV. Having said that, the women's cycling Sunday morning was pretty cool to watch as well. Not usually a fan of bike races, but I really enjoyed watching that one.
- Have I mentioned my sabbatical* on this blog? No? Well it starts next Monday. To say I'm excited would be an understatement. This may be the longest workweek ever.
- Project "Rock the Silver" is progressing rather well so far. Of course I only have about an inch of new growth so far, ask me again near the end of the calendar year and see how I feel! At this point, I'm much more bothered by the faded/brassy color growing out than by the salt & pepper growing in.
- My running partner is on board with the idea of doing a hilly trail 10K in early September in the foothills of the Sandias here in Albuquerque. I need to see how my knee holds up to some hill running before I sign up, but this sounds like something fun to me!
- My baby girl is on a roadtrip to New Orleans. I'm both excited for her and a bit nervous. She's been staying in touch often so that I know she's okay (whew!). A few weeks after she gets back, she will be moving on campus for her freshman year of college. The empty nest begins...
*We get an extra contiguous 8 weeks off work every 7 years in additon to our normal accrued vacation. How cool is that?!?!