Wednesday, February 2, 2011

New Yoga DVDs in my collection

When I gave away two of my least favorite yoga DVDs, I replaced them in my collection with two others. Ended up getting two more from Ana & Ravi, just because it's what I'm accustomed to. Plus I like that they come chaptered with a design your own workout option where you can pick and choose the sections to do on any particular day.

The first one that I got was "Fat Free Yoga - Lose Weight, Feel Great". This happens to be their best selling DVD, and was only $12 on Amazon, so I figured what the heck. My assessment, two thumbs up with a disclaimer. If you are looking for a relaxing yoga dvd, this is not the one for you. But if you are looking for a way to get in some upper and lower body work and some low impact cardio while improving flexibility then you might like this. My arms and abs hurt the day after doing this (in a good way), and it gets my heart rate up. Seems like a reasonable alternative to circuit work at the gym.

The second one that I got was "Yoga for Beginners and Beyond" not to be confused with "Kundalini Yoga for Beginners and Beyond" which I already have. They say this is a combination of Hatha Yoga, Power Yoga, and Kundalini Yoga. I'm guessing that yoga purists wouldn't like this at all. Doesn't bother me though. I like this one for stretching, strengthening, and balance. I find it to be a particularly good "after workout" on days that I run.

Now excuse me as I roll out my yoga mat...

10 comments:

  1. I did yoga on Monday and its was tough!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds wonderful! I like yoga that leaves me a bit sore later in the day or the next day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been looking for some new Yoga DVD's and these sound like they are exactly what I am looking for. Do you find them challenging enough?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That first one sounds like it would be rifght up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have not been doing Pilates or Yoga for a few weeks now and I miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to start doing yoga. I haven't really done it since taking a class back in College.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All these posts about yoga, I miss it but STILL refuse to make the time for it. I must have about 25 yoga DVD's. The Kundalini Yoga for Beginners is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Huh! I'm just about to roll out my Yoga mat, too, to check out those two least favourite DVDs of yours! :) Thanks for sending them. I'll let you know shortly what I think.

    ReplyDelete