1) I think the extra rest/recovery on Tuesday was just what I needed. I felt notably better yesterday and was able to run 5 miles with the group on a BEAUTIFUL early evening without knee pain. Everyone else was doing easy/steady/easy. I stuck with easy (and coach agreed). My pace ended up being 10:34. Which, by the way, was my steady pace last year. Even though I have not been focussing on speed, my speed seems to be improving. Actually, I'm a lot happier this way. When trying to get faster, I got frustrated when not seeing the desired improvement. Now that I'm focussion only on endurance and injury-prevention, the improved speed is a bonus.
2) Stymie and I have our first obedience class today. Assuming it doesn't get cancelled. I'm questioning it just a bit because I was supposed to get a reminder call yesterday and didn't. And I didn't have time to follow up myself. Will just show up and hope that we are on.
3) This afternoon, I'm also scheduled for a massage. This is a huge deal for me. Husband talked me into a massage while we were on vacation. He gets them every 3 weeks or so and finds that themt o be very beneficial. The concept sounds good to me; however, I am completely weirded out by the thought of a complete stranger touching me. It took me a good 15minutes to calm down the first time. But once I did, I did notice a positive benefit. So, I decided to give it a try here at home. Fingers crossed that it will go well...
4) Husband decided to sign up for the upcoming half-marathon as well. Woot!! And he *might* run the 11 with me this weekend. Or not. He doesn't like getting up early to run. I don't like running later in the day. So we'll see what happens with that. But he will be running with me on race day and that ROCKS!
5) I keep meaning to post about our wonderful vacation get-away, but haven't had time. Maybe I'll get to it this weekend. Maybe I'll just skip it all together. Not sure yet. One observation that I will share is that I was surprised that the food in Puerto Vallarta was MUCH milder than the local food here in New Mexico. Not sure if that is because their chilis are milder due to the difference in climate or if they purposely keep it mild for tourists.
That's all for now. Enjoy your weekend!!