Friday, June 6, 2008

Ready for the weekend

Tomorrow morning is the metric century. I've got my jersey, bib number, shorts, socks, shoes, all laid out and ready to go. I've got my drinks mixed and in the fridge/freezer. I've got my snacks ready. The bike's in the car with a freshly cleaned and lubed chain and air in the tires. My sunscreen, cell phone, id, $$, helmet, sunglasses, map, camera (may or may not bring it), etc are all sitting out waiting for me. That sure seems like a lot of prep for a non-race, don't you think? I guess the first time for just about anything can be exciting.

Oh yeah, and then there's the 10K on Sunday. I'm fairly certain that is going to be a train-wreck, so I'm not nearly as excited about it. Husband reminds me that I wanted to run it because it sounded like an interesting and potentially scenic course, not because I expected to do well. I'm guessing I'll need to remind myself of that come Sunday morning.

Anyway...whatever you're doing this weekend, have fun doing it. Catch you on the flip side.

17 comments:

  1. Who brings a camera to a race? ;-) You have a great time!! and go run your 10K!!! Train wreck or not :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the record, I wouldn't bring a camera to a race. But it's a charity ride, not a race, so it's a different story! ;p

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have FUN!! Then tell us all about it :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great time Lisa on both days....and Wes I bring a camera if it is not a too stressful event LOL~~~~~!!!

    Enjoy your 10K, slow and steady girl....enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds like a great weekend. throw a swim in there and you'll have yourself a tri! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always bring a camera to a race, taking a photo at every race is how I keep track of my runs. Enjoy your ride and good luck in your 10K.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gonna be great! Can't wait to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW..what a busy weekend!
    Hope all goes well, I look forward to hearing about it Monday!
    Take Care

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you survived ok!! Good luck tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How you enjoy the weekend.Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Enjoy the ride and your 10K!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Was that the Mariposa 10K? Looking foward to hearing about it! BTW, Leeeeesa, we're going out to Cochiti this Friday morning - leaving at 7 am and meeting there at 8 am - you want to come, don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope the ride went well! And were you nuts enough to do the 10K today?!?!?!?.....

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope the ride went well! And you ENJOYED the 10k even if it was a train wreck!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope you had fun at BOTH events!

    ReplyDelete