1) Pick a time of the day for weigh-ins and stick with it. I'm sure there is some scientific reason for it, but it seems to me that weight fluctuates all over the place during the day. For now on, I'm only weighing myself in the morning. It doesn't matter one bit what my weight is at any other time of the day.
2) There's a reason why skirts specifically designed for running have built in briefs instead of shorts. As such, my most favorite skirt for running is the chocqua one I bought from runningskirts.com and happen to be modeling in the photo to the left. NOTE: I'm wearing big 'ol goofy headphones, my ears don't really look that weird!! Also, the sun was low in the sky when the photo was taken, so the photo turned out dark. Sorry about that!
3) Half a bagel with peanut butter and an apple makes a much better pre-workout meal than fried potatoes topped with green chile and cheese and a side of ice cream. No need to thank me, I'm here to help.
4) A calm voice reminding a teenage boy to keep the car centered between the yellow line and the side of the road actually yields better results than a look of panic while shouting the he's too far to the right.
5) Sometimes checking out a new trail/path yields leads to a great find. Other times it leaves you breathless walking your bike at the top of a steep hill wondering how the heck you'll get back down. Either way, it's a blessing to have good health and another day on this earth. Don't get frustrated, be happy.