I wrote some goals last December for this year. I figured this was a good time to reflect back and re-prioritize if needed since my race season is almost over.
Go Farther! - Mission Accomplished. This was my primary goal, and I've done what I set out to do.
1. complete 10K race - DONE
2. complete Olympic triathlon - DONE
3. complete half marathon - DONE
Go Faster! - Not gonna' happen this year, and that's OK.
1. under 27:35 min stand-alone 5K – just under 9min mi/hr – BWAHHH!! What was I thinking?!?!? I'm nowhere close and I'm really not working toward this.
2. under 01:30:00 at Socorro Chile Harvest Tri - Didn't do the race, but they changed the venue so it wouldn't have been apples to apples anyway.
Have fun! - For the most part, I think I've succeeded here.
1. Do 3 races of any sort just for kicks - not as stepping stones to farther or faster – 2 for 3 so far, Run for the Zoo and Gallup Tri. I think Elephant Man counts too.
2. No races because I feel “I have to” – only because “I want to” - DONE
3. Rockin’ race photos :) - This sounded good on paper, but I don't have race photos (much less rockin' ones) for most of the races that I did this year.