Saturday, September 22, 2007

Chuggin' Along

Yesterday Cindy & I planned to go to Cochiti Lake and swim. We did go to Cochiti Lake and we did swim. But we did not swim *at* Cochiti Lake. As it turns out, yesterday was very foggy in the morning. We went in and out of fog on the way up to the lake hoping that it would clear up or be clear when we got there. No such luck. We got there and the gate was closed. DRAT!


Anyway, we were good and swam at the gym. It wasn't the same as swimming a mile or so in the lake, but I'm confident that we are both ready to do the swim at Elephant Man. Since she comments, but doesn't blog, feel free to leave some encouragement for her here - this will be her first Oly!! I'll be sure to pass it on. :)


This morning, I had a two hour block of time available to run. I took advantage of it and finished 9.5 milrd with a few minutes to spare. Tomorrow I'm hoping to complete some sort of middle distance bike ride (20-30miles) in the afternoon with Husband.



Daughter got 3 inches off her hair today. Despite the fact that she loves how her hair turned out and actually thanked me for taking her, all I could get on camera was her 'annoyed at Mom' look. LOL. That's life with a teenage girl.

14 comments:

  1. Tell Cindy...GOOD LUCK and HAVE FUN!

    The pic of your daughter scares me to think I'll be getting those looks from my daughter in the years to come!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have Fun and you will do great Lisa and Cindy!

    Your daughter is beautiful - in spite of the look. I think that look secretly means "Mom, I think you are the BEST in the universe!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to persevere! Hope both you gals have a great race!

    Teenage girls? Been there, done that :-) Nice hair though :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's all money in the Elephant Man bank. Go Lisa and Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great and she is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhh God please don't scare me with the teenage daughter talk. I have 2 attempts to get it right and considering who their mother is, I'm not so sure it will pan out that well :P LOL

    I LOVE her hair. In fact I think I need that cut LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck to both of you!! You will both rock!

    And I love your daughter's hairstyle. It's really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tell Cindy to have a great day on the Oly.

    Your daughter and her new haircut are beautiful. You should be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOOOHOOO Go Lisa and Cindy!

    DD looks adorable! I know that look all too well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice job on the training. Good luck to both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. At least you didn't get the "I hate you and your $#%@ camera look." That's par for the course with a teenager.

    Good job getting the swim in. Sounds like you are ready for that race.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck to the both of you at the OLY, you will both do great..

    I think I get those looks from my young daughter now. So I guess I should expect it for the rest of my lifetime...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Don't worry too much about the bike. It is what it is. My first couple of Olympics I had to walk up a hill or two...remember that's an option for you even if you don't want it. Perhsonally, though I think you're gonna do great! I'll see you there next week! I'll be at the aid station at the run turnaround!

    ReplyDelete
  14. She is very beautiful! As for the run, great job. And swim! And Cindy, good luck to you too. It will be nice having a buddy to do this with.

    ReplyDelete