Sunday, September 28, 2014

This, that, and the other

new jersey!
Don't have much to blog about.  Let's see what I can come up with.

I'm still riding most weekends, 30-40 miles is a comfortable distance.

Waving the white flag with regard to my knee. I've ordered another round of Euflexxa injections and am waiting for the orthopedic to call to schedule them. Running is out for now and maybe for good this time.

Hoping to bike commute one morning to the balloon fiesta.  Got a bike light that I need to install and test out first.

Bike clothes are fun. Started getting tired of the jerseys in my closet so ordered a new red/white/black one from Voler.  Also appreciate having the Intel jersey in rotation now.

Intel jersey
Bike knickers (aka capris) are becoming a new staple. Finding that they protects my legs from the sun, keep the chill off in the cool morning, and stay comfortable enough as long as the days don't get too hot.

Thinking about doing an MS ride (or two) in a state other than NM next year. If you have one in your area that is particularly scenic, let me know in comments!

Fun arm warmers are becoming an obsession, similar to fun beanies for winter running.

Will be trying the half buff under my helmet soon. Bandanas aren't working very well for me for some reason.

Sorry for my lack of blogging and commenting.  I miss running.

8 comments:

  1. What's a balloon fiesta? It sounds like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sent a message about this. It's not *a* fiesta it's *the* fiesta. :-)

      Delete
  2. I always am jealous of bike clothes versus running clothes. Glad you are still biking! Sorry about the knee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dont' know why cyclists get all the fun clothes. but at least i'm enjoying something!

      Delete
  3. Oh no, I'm so sorry. I hope you recover quickly from the injections and you will able to go running again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my bike capris. Not as successful with a good bike light.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bike capris are awesome. I almost see anyone else wearing them and I dont' understand why?!?

      Delete