Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Riding, riding, riding...

I didn't tally everything for August, but I did tally my bike mileage: 279.6 miles total for the month.

Rode a little over 120 miles over the long weekend.  I won't bore you with details, but I have had some successes and some failures and have come to the following conclusions:

  • I will probably do okay the first day of the MS ride, but the second day will be a real struggle for me. 
  • I will need to focus on replenishing spent calories after each ride to avoid "tapping out" afterwards.

I've happy to say that I've met my original fundraising goal, but now I'm actually trying to beat my husband's amount and I'm about $80 short.  You can find out more about MS and why I'm riding here: Lisa's MS Fundraising Page.  As I try to remind my friends and family, don't mistake me for an athlete, I'm actually just a middle aged woman with an exercise habit, and probably the least fit of the folks that I'm riding with next weekend. The MS ride will be a challenge for me, but less of a challenge than those faced with MS deal with on a daily basis.

It's not too late if you'd like to sponsor me on my ride.  No donation is too small.  Just ten cents per mile that I plan to ride that weekend works out to a donation of $7.60.  Best of all, no ice required. ;-)

5 comments:

  1. 120 miles in a weekend is impressive. And possibly a little painful in some delicate areas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no kidding (about the little bit painful in "delicate" areas) although i'm pretty happy with my current saddle, thankfully.

      Delete
  2. Check out a product called Recoverite from Hammer nutrition. I've used it for years after a hard workout, and I'm primed and ready to go for the next hard workout even if it's later in the same day. I don't use it all the time, but if you're riding long on back to back days like this, it should help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the suggestion. i'll see if i can find it locally in the next day or so

      Delete
  3. Almost 300 miles in one month?! Wow, that is impressive! Good luck on your ride!

    ReplyDelete