- I was able to do *something* for each of my prescribed workouts. Yay!
- Using the bike on the trainer made for a decent running substitute for my "30 min" runs.
- I'm no longer limping. As a result, my walking pace improved from 20min/mi to ~17:30min/mi.
- Reading via Kindle app on the bike trainer made the time more bearable. Thanks for the suggestion!!
What didn't go so well:
- I planned to substitute a 5 mile run with a 60min trainer ride; however, my knee started complaining so I only made it 35mins. Ended up substituting a 5 mile walk instead.
- While my toe is better, it isn't fully healed. Only a few pairs of shoes fit comfortably. Can't wear my preferred walking or running shoes.
Plans for week 2:
- Continue with trainer rides to compensate for the prescribed 30 min run workouts.
- Attempt at least a tiny bit of run-walk-run *if* toe is better enough to fit into running shoes by next weekend.
- Begin tracking against goals for Winter Miles Challenge.
On an unrelated topic, I finally made a decision on a laptop and bit the bullet. I opted for an older used laptop with features that should be sufficient for my needs. I just couldn't justify spending lots of $$ on a new fancy lightweight one that was probably overkill for my purposes.
So while it's true that I won't know exactly how good of a decision this was until it arrives and I can test it out, I'm content with my decision to be frugal.