Monday, May 20, 2013

Catching Up

Thursday evening, I met my running partner at a hill route that we sometimes do.  It was crazy hot, sunny, and generally miserable.  Hard to believe that we were shivering while running two weeks ago on a cold race morning; summer seems to have arrived with a vengeance.

Normally, I do my long run (long being relative) on Saturday morning, but that wasn't going to work this week. I ended up doing my long run (long is relative, for me it is 7 miles) Friday morning.  I was meeting a friend for a 3.5 mile run, so I decided to arrive ahead of her and run 3.5 miles before she showed up, then the 3.5 with her to achieve my 7. Mission accomplished.  This was also my second run in the new Kinvaras and so far I'm quite pleased.

Later that day, I met Daughter for lunch while she was on her break from work.  I'm happy to have her home for the summer.  It's nice to be able to spend more time with her.

Husband  & I went for a 28 mile bike ride Saturday morning.  It turned out to be a really nice morning, slightly overcast, not too windy, perfect temperature.  It was also the best I've felt on a bike ride in a long time.  Good stuff.

Later that afternoon, we picked up Son from the airport.  He's only home with us for a week in between school (in CA) and his summer internship (in WA).  It's nice to have him home for a week.  It's a short visit, but I'll take what I can get.

About the only thing I did Sunday on the fitness front is choose my race for the double weekend.  It will be the flat 8K.

How was your weekend?  Get your workouts in?

12 comments:

  1. What a great weekend! Great workouts! I am injured right now, but hope to get back into it again very soon! Great blog, saw you on Running Bloggers, look forward to following you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great weekend! I took a break on Saturday and Sunday. We have been on the go for about a month, and we just needed some downtime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! You put some solid miles in there. I totally blew off Sunday. it was rainy and nasty here so I took a nap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Solid weekend! Mine was uber busy and my ornery shoulder is still not cooperating so trying to work around that. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Long runs, speed work, race times, it's all relative! Good job getting out there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had a great weekend! I agree, it's hard to believe it was freezing outside, now it's steaming hot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice active weekend! I did a super long run Saturday so I called it a rest day Sunday...glad I did! Enjoy having your kids home. I know how wonderful that is!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how active you are. I am trying to get back into a more active schedule. My knees are preventing me from doing to much, but hopefully, over time I will get back into the groove.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice weekend!! It is hot here now, we went straight from winter to summer

    ReplyDelete
  10. yes! I walked across the pool and back 10 times! (le sigh...)
    well done to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice job on the workouts, and I'm sure having both kids at home, for whatever duration, is great! I'm keeping mine at home forever. They're not allowed to leave.

    Kidding.

    Is 10 too early to send them to college? :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hahaha, my long runs are 7-8 miles too. That totally counts as a long run!! :)

    ReplyDelete