Thursday, February 14, 2013

First Impressions

My new Merrell Mix Master Move Glide running shoes arrived!  Just in time for my birthday and Valentines Day.  Haven't had a chance to run in them yet, but here are my first impressions from trying them on around the house.

1) They are very similar in cut/style/fit/weight/feel to my beloved Kinvara 2s.  This is a good thing. One difference is the tread.  I'm guessing that the Kinvara is intended to be more of a road shoe whereas this is intended to be more of a trail shoe. In any event, I'm currently feeling confident that these will work out well for me.

2) I ordered the same size that I wear in the Pace Glove which is also the same size that I wear in the Kinvara 2.  Seems like the correct call.

3) Looks like the shoe will hold up well, but of course the only way to really know for sure is to put some miles on them.

4) The reflective stripe around the shoe is a nice add.  I appreciate the effort to improve my visibility as a runner.

5) I haven't even run in them yet and I'm already thinking about what color I want for my next pair! :-)

5 comments:

  1. Awesome, I hope they work out perfectly for you. I'm wearing my new Nike Pegasus 29+ to work today and they feel great. Will only run in them next week Friday though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Late congrats to you and hubby for the race and late happy birthday.
    Please forgive me.
    Beautiful shoes. That is a brand that I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh they look great and speedy!! Let us know how running is in them!

    ReplyDelete