- I read something about squats being good for OA of the knee. So I decided to try it. I've done three sets of squats 5 times and each time my knee makes all kinds of weird noises that I don't think it's supposed to be making when I do these. Kind of freaks me out. So I'm not sure that I'm going to continue.
- I've been trying to do a decent amount of walking. Hoping to hit about 30 miles for the month (avg 1 mile per day). I'm at 20 miles for the month and it's the 20th, so it seems I'm on track for that. Yay, me!
- It is also my son's 20th birthday. Man o' man, time flies!
- There is a local 5K in 3 weeks, essentially right when I'm ready to start running again. I may or may not sign up for it.
- I'm going to be doing a 365-day photo project starting on March 1. At the end, I hope to be better skilled with my camera.
- Husband & I have a trip to Grand Cayman booked for 5 nights in February, just the two of us. Woot!
- I've been thinking about doing a local spring triathlon that is scheduled for mid-April. I'm holding off just to make sure I know which weekend it is. I would need to start cycle training SOON if I decide to do this.
- I'm anxious to get on my bike again. Maybe this weekend if the weather holds up. *fingers crossed*
- I started painting our Great Room this morning. We have to paint with a brush to get the adobe bricks covered, which seems to take about 4 times as long as painting a flat wall with a roller. Plus, it's a fairly large room. Trying to break this down into smaller segments so I don't get discouraged.
Friday, January 20, 2012
This and That
Still not running, but I did get around to reading and commenting on some blogs. You all have been a busy bunch! Makes we want to take some time to mention a few things that are going on.