Sunday, January 22, 2012

Eleven

I was recently tagged by Marcia at The Studly Runner, and I am playing along especially since it gives me something to blog about.


The Rules (as stated):
1. Post these rules
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself
3. Answer the questions set for you in their post
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer
5. Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them
6. No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag 11 people!


My Randoms:
1. The channel I usually watch before bed stopped showing reruns of The Office in favor of The Big Bang Theory beginning in September.  After about two months, I finally started to enjoy The Big Bang Theory.  But I really wish they'd go back to showing The Office. 
2.  I don't drink alcohol anymore, so now a Roy Rogers is my go-to "cocktail" when we go out.  Husband cuts me off at two, otherwise I get jacked up on sugar/caffeine and can't sleep.  LOL. 
3.  My guilty pleasure - powdered donuts from the vending machine at work.  Recently they vendor interlaced chocolate donuts and powered donuts.  I walked up 4 flights of stairs last Tuesday, checking the machines on each level for a machine with powered donuts.  On three floors, they were blocked by chocolate donuts.  On the fourth floor I finally had success! 
4.  We bought and sold our first house in just over a year.  It wasn't planned.  We were living in Ohio at the time and had just gotten married.  We expected to stay there for a while, when a great job opportunity unexpectedly came along, bringing us to New Mexico. It was a good move in the grand scheme of things even though we lost money on that first house.
5.  Three of my first four cars were totaled within two years of owning them.  Two by my mother, one by me.  Yes, you read that right, my mother totaled two of my cars.  Isn't it usually the other way around?
6.  When I was in high school, it was required to take either Home Economics or Industrial Arts.  I signed up for Industrial Arts.  The school called and told me that I needed to take Home Economics because I was a girl.   I'm sure this wouldn't happen today, but it did back then.  I told them I didn't want to take Home Economics, and I didn't see why I couldn't take Industrial Arts since the requirement was to take one or the other.  I ended up talking them into it and was the only girl in my Industrial Arts class.  By the way, I got an A.
7.  I collected feathers one spring/summer when I was a little girl so that I could make myself some wings.  I jumped off the picnic table and tried to fly.  Needless to say, it didn't work.  
8.  I know I've mentioned this before on the blog, but I've melted not one but two tea kettles by leaving them on the stove and forgetting about them.  I now have one that whistles when the water is boiling.  
9.  When I was a teenager, I didn't like pizza or soda. Weird, huh?  BTW, Now I like both.
10.  Not a fan of football.  Or basketball.  But I like baseball, preferably live, especially minor league.  Go Isotopes!  
11.  I try to park in roughly the same spot on the top floor of the parking structure at work otherwise I have trouble finding my car.  Most of the time that I try (and succeed) to get a closer parking spot, I end up forgetting about it after work until I've already gone all the way to the top floor anyway...


Questions from Marcia:
1. Do you have any pets? Yes! We currently have two dogs, Bandit and Stymie, and two cats, Mitts and Cookie.  I can't imagine life without pets.
2. Most embarrassing moment?  Probably wiping out coming out of the swim during my first sprint triathlon, resulting in scrapes & bruises to my face, shoulder, etc.
3. Favorite brand of running gear?  Ummmmm, is that a trick question? No way I can pick just one single favorite.
4. Dream vacation?  My favorite vacation was Moorea with Husband for our 20th anniversary.  I really want to go back.  
5. Dream race?  Wow, that's a tough one.  I guess I don't really think about dream races as much as dream race performances. I wish my knee would hold up for another half-marathon, but that seems unlikely.  
6. Favorite GU flavor?  Strawberry Banana Powergel.
7. Snow ski or water ski?  I prefer snow skiing to water skiing, but I'm really not fond of either.
8. Do you get a flu shot?  Absolutely!
9. Gold, sterling silver or platinum?  Gold, and I really like jewelry with mixed yellow/gold. 
10. What grade in school did you enjoy most? Least? - I have fond memories of 3rd grade, so that must have been my favorite.  I think I liked 7th or 8th the least, awkward teenaged years.  
11. How often do you get a haircut?  Last time I went about 11 weeks between haircuts, but I usually go in every 6-7 weeks.   


My Questions (Please embellish your answers):
1.  Superman or Batman?
2.  Coffee or Tea?
3.  Sunrise or Sunset?
4.  Facebook or Twitter?
5.  Spring or Fall?
6.  Breakfast or Dinner?
7.  Books or Movies?
8.  Beach or Mountains?
9.   Early Morning or Late Night?
10.  Glass half-full or half-empty?
11.  Hill repeats or speed work?


My Tag-ees (is that even a word?):
ajh
lily on the road
raquelita
christine
laura
amber
lbtepa
irene
wes
amanda
carolina john
big daddy diesel

3 comments:

  1. Now I'm craving powdered donuts. I love that you took Industrial Arts and aced it!

    Thanks for the tag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the industrial arts story. And the feathers. Lol. I didn't know they even sold teapots without whistles??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the industrial arts story! Cool. And way to go with an A!!!

    I like #11. I always do the same at big parking lots - Target/Wal-Mart always Aisle 7 or 6.

    ReplyDelete