Saturday, December 10, 2011

Just keep swimming...

Got myself out of bed early and to the pool again this morning for another 800yds.  I'm thinking that next month I will increase the distance per swim, but for now 800yds is a distance that seems to be working for me.

We are now one third of the way into the month and my swim total so far is 3200 against my goal of 8000 or 40%.  Just like in Finding Nemo, I just need to stay calm and keep swimming, and I will achieve my goal.

Not doing quite as well with the walking goal.  I've only walked 8.5 miles so far this month, which is 28% of my goal.  However, just this realization alone is likely to motivate me to get out there and walk the dogs today and tomorrow to get caught up.

In other news, one more full week of work and then I am taking two weeks off.  Work has been crazy busy, so I cannot wait!

Also, only 12 more days until the days begin to get longer again.  WoooHooooo!!!

8 comments:

  1. I suspect, once you get more free time, those percentages will accelerate :-) Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Longer days yeah! And yes just keeps swimming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Should we call you Doris now? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done and just keep going. The goals will come. Now did you have to remind me that my days will be getting shorter again...?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work on the swimming!

    I can't wait for the upcoming Christmas break. I think I have 10 days off. Sooo needed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How long does it take you to get through 800 yards? I used to swim over lunch, and could get in 800-1600 yards in about 30 or 40 minutes and make it back to the office in a reasonable time. Now on the RAM swim team we practice for an hour and 15 minutes, and it starts with an 800 yard warm up before we get into the main sets. The mental shift from 1000 y avg swims to 2500 y average was quite hard.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so jealous! I've skipped my swim the past two weeks (Tuesday mornings). Last week I bailed on my training partner, and this morning both of my friends bailed on me. Instead of going anyway, I was a bum and went back to bed. I suck. Good job on doing it!! Swim a few laps for me next time, OK? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job swimming! Especially this time of year when getting in the pool is more of a challenge (for me anyway).
    Love the countdown til more daylight! yay!

    ReplyDelete