The BAD (aka "Why my weekend sucked")
1) Had to work on Friday (normally one of my days off)
2) The car that Daughter drives was broken into Saturday morning while she was at work. Smashed window, stolen ipod, camera, purse, wallet, etc. Our insurance deductible won't be met, so the cost to replace the window is coming out of pocket.
3) Had to work Sunday (also normally one of my days off)
4) Going into work early today and will probably be staying late.
5) Haven't run for 10 days
The GOOD (aka "In the grand scheme, it's really not that bad")
1) I'm valued enough at my job to be pulled in for critical assignments. Sometimes this means working overtime/ weekends, but I do recognize that being valued at one's job is not to be taken for granted.
2) Nobody was hurt. It's just glass and stuff. The glass is easily replaceable. Her ID and debit card weren't in the purse. It could have been a lot worse. Plus now I have some ideas about what to maybe get her for Christmas.
3) Heel is no longer throbbing; I think it is getting better. I'm hopeful to be running again this weekend. In any event, this happened after my scheduled races, so it's as good a time as any to need to take a few weeks off.