I truly believe that our happiness is the result of our attitude rather than about the things that happen to us. It's that whole glass half full, or half empty thing. Today I choose to be happy. I've compiled a list of ten things that make me happy today:
1) Got the glass replaced Monday afternoon in the Fit. Still need to have the tint applied, but that is a nice-to-have thing not a necessity. The Fit is back in action.
2) I ran yesterday! 2.8 miles with hills and my heel was okay until the very end. Yay!
3) Son is coming home for Thanksgiving. He didn't last year, so this was a somewhat unexpected surprise.
4) Son seems to be doing well, albeit very consumed with homework, at school. He's also now considering double majoring in Cognitive Science and Electrical & Computer Engineering. Sounds super cool to me.
5) Daughter is making good progress on college admission and scholarship applications. She is considering a degree in social sciences, possibly Anthropology, Communications, or Advertising. This also sounds very interesting to me.
6) Seems like the worst of my required overtime at work has passed. Should be back to normal next week.
7) Mitts, our oldest cat, has been on supplements to help with his arthritis for the past several weeks. I think his activity level is increasing, which suggests that the supplements are working.
8) My Ipad arrived. I'm still not entirely sure what to do with it, but I discovered a free Euchre game application which I am now hooked on.
9) The running that I did yesterday was with a friend who is new to running. It's great to be able to encourage new runners.
10) Husband is working a modified schedule for the next several weeks. There are some downsides to this, but the best part is that we will have a few Friday's off together.