Monday, August 22, 2011

Monday Madness

Oh.my.freaking.gosh, apparently I cannot do simple math. All along I've thought the Live.Love and Patriot were three weeks apart. They are only two weeks apart. Two! Not Three! Ack! Commence freak out!

And now that they've changed the bike route for Live.Love, the only differences between it and the Patriot are that in the middle of the bike route, the patriot keeps going uphill for another 3 miles before hitting its turn point (gulp). Also the patriot is standard order with a seeded pool start vs. reverse (that's actually a good thing, I don't care for the reverse order myself).

Breathe in. Breathe out. Trying to calming down. Two weeks apart and similar course means the first event is simply a very good last long brick workout for the second one. Right? RIGHT?!?

Yesterday, husband & I climbed on our bikes and commuted to a local store for some yogurt. I volunteered to be the pack mule, I figured it was good training. As it turns out, I don't particularly like riding the 4.75 miles home from the store with ten Chobani yogurts in a little triangle bag on my back. The strings were cutting into my shoulders. I should have worn a backpack with better padding. Live and learn.

My friend & I are planning to head back out to the race site and run the course again on Tuesday. This time just once. This is mostly for mental preparedness. As I have suggested to others, I am also going to be practicing transitions this week.

If you haven't yet, please take a look at the bike/run profiles for this weekend. Based on the run profile, I'm revising my time "guestimates"; I think the run will take more like 34 minutes, which rounds out my "guestimated" finish time to 1:30:00 even for this first one.

15 comments:

  1. Yes! A good last long brick workout. You'll be fine. Glad you realized it now rather than later. All the better for being prepared.
    Hilarious Chobani commute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm staring down 3 races for next year that I thought were 95 days apart, then realized that they were actually only 64 days apart. Datemath can suck it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been felled by date math before. Good thing you realized it now, though, and not later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was reading until I saw Chobani...
    Then, I imagined how tasty and creamy it would be, you know, drizzled with honey, topped with sliced strawberries ....

    You had me at Chobani...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You will do AWESOME at the tri! Just believe in yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made a simple math mistake last year with my training plan and started a week too early. haha

    Two weeks apart is doable - you got this! Especially with all of your training on the course.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you will ROCK BOTH OF THEM!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh gosh! Yes the first event is a warm up/ recce ;) .... ENJOY !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Breathe!! You will be awesome and the close race will just serve as good prep.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought I had 3 weeks left during tri training and actually only had 2. THAT freaked me right out. I am just not a math person.

    You'll be fine though! Promise :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stop stressing, Lisa, and just get out there and have fun! (easier said than done, I know!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good thinking on the last long brick. No worries, you will do awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are really taking all aspects into consideration for this. You will do great. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  14. even if the races were 3 weeks apart, using the first one to "practice" is a good idea. Or, go after the first one then use the second one for fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Date math always messes me up too.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete