- Live.Love.Tri is reverse format: 5K run, 10 mi bike, 400 M pool swim.
- Patriot Tri is standard format: 400 M pool swim, 16 mi bike, 5K run.
- The same pools is used.
- The same run route is used.
- The bike route is significantly different. The route for the Patriot longer, and it heads out in a direction that makes it more hilly. And those hills are what's holding me back from jumping on it.
- Two races two weeks apart seems good from a training perspective. Train, then taper for first race. Race, then use recovery after 1st races as taper for second race.
- The fact that the format is reversed from the first to second race keeps it interesting; especially important since the location is basically the same
- I'm not a fan of hills on the bike. Really not sure I want to go 6 miles further on the bike *and* toss in that climb.
Clearly I haven't decided yet, but I'm thinking it over. Patriot sold out last year, so I can't wait too long to make this decision if I end up deciding to go for it.
In other news, I had a tempo run fail this evening. It turned into a survival run. I don't know what the problem was exactly, but the 93 deg temp with mostly sunny run route certainly didn't help. I need to get serious about running in the morning again.