- I decided on Thursday to run this 5K simply because my knee didn't hurt anymore on my test run. I knew it wouldn't be a fast race; I was just happy to be running. On the way to the venue, I told husband I wanted to come in under 32 minutes. That would be a good 4 minutes slower than my last 5K, but was probably a realistic goal given my lack of training over the past 2 months.
- I started, I ran, I finished.
- My Garmin says 31:53, so I hit my time goal (barely). [Edit: Official results have me at 31:49, 10:12 pace.]
- Well organized race with lots of volunteers.
- It was cold and windy, of the low forties and 25mph variety.
- It was a real struggle to hit my time goal; I have clearly lost a lot of fitness.
- I didn't really have fun. I usually do. I blame this on the weather.
- I wanted to finish strong, but I had no energy left at the end. I tend to judge all runs by how I feel at finish, so I have categorized this as a bad run in my mind.