Monday, November 8, 2010

Mind Meanderings

I tentatively have a race on Sunday. An 11K for Veteran's Day. I haven't signed up for it yet and I'm not really sure that I want to. Can't explain why, I'm just not excited about it anymore. There is a small local 5K the same day, and I'm leaning a bit toward running that instead. I'll decide one way or another in a few days.

Husband & I took the dogs out on the acequia path for a nice walk yesterday afternoon. It was the first time that we took the dogs out onto that particular path. It must have been like Doggy Disneyland to them, so many exciting sounds and smells. While it was nice to walk them somewhere different, it's actually much easier to control them on our tried and true hill.

Daughter turned 17 last week. Kids just grow up way too fast. I really don't know how this happens. One moment they are little, the next thing you know they have turned into young men and women. Anyway, she and her boyfriend organized a paint fight at a park to celebrate. Very creative. Apparently good times were had by all.

I have a friend that suffers daily due to rheumatoid arthritis. I saw her yesterday at church and it is obvious that she is in a lot of pain. Now I am very excited about my fifth running of the Jingle Bell run for arthritis in about four weeks. This time it's personal.

I bought new silverware last week. It had gotten to the point where too many forks, spoons, etc were missing. Where do they disappear to? Is it a conspiracy related somehow to the socks that go missing in the dryer? We now have service for 12, all matching. This makes me happy.

I need to find a way to run two days this week. As it turns out, this morning would have been a good day to run. But I didn't realize that until I wasted my morning away drinking coffee, reading and posting, and finally got around to perusing my calendar for the week. Tomorrow, my work day starts at 6:30am. Bleh. Wednesday morning looks good. So does Thursday morning. But then I'd be running two days in a row. Maybe I'll aim for Tuesday evening and Thursday morning, that would stretch it out a bit.

13 comments:

  1. Oh but isn't that a great way to spend a morning? exactly what I'm doing!
    17? Wow time flies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe run the 5K at a leisurely pace. When I feel like I'm getting burned out, I try to just run for fun, which I think is a lot harder after you start running races. It's almost like you have to go back to remembering why you started running in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well you know my motto is running is supposed to be fun, so I say go for the 5K if that's where your heart is..no reason to race farther if you don't feel like it!

    hope you have a super wonderful run tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  4. The glasses in my house disappear, but I can find most of them in Matthew's room :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you already know what you really want to do this weekend for a race. Listen to your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to have a paint fight for my Birthday! too fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have that same silverware problem. It extends to socks, too....

    Drinking coffee and reading and writing sounds like a lovely way to spend a morning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never understand what happens to pieces of silverware either. It's the strangest thing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah yes silverware...where does it all disappear to?! lol Good luck with the upcoming race! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wait... so the number of forks is supposed to match the number of spoons and knives?!? Intriguing. Maybe they matched on day one. Today, not so much.

    Go with the 5k! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. They do grow up way too fast. I can't believe my son is going to be 5. I swear I just gave birth not long ago.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks there is a silverware thief!

    Your morning sounded lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah, where do all the utensils go? I was thinking the same thing and wondering if the everyday stuff I have is still available.

    I'm thinking about the Jingle Bell Run too. There's one here on December 11, but it's the same day as my wedding anniversary.

    ReplyDelete