Wow. Five days, four nights in the Big Apple. What an experience. I took 175 photos with my brand new Panasonic Lumix DMC- ZRI camera (love it!) and uploaded about 30 of them to facebook - find me there to see them. For the blog, one photo and a few thoughts from the trip
1) There was a lovely path with lots of other runners along the Hudson river just steps from our hotel. I wasn't able to run, but took a nice stroll one night as the sun was setting.
2) New Yorkers get a bad rap. I expected rudeness, but experienced nothing but kindness.
3) The subway was convenient for getting around, but it was unbearably hot in the tunnels while waiting for the trains.
4) Blue Men Group was the highlight of the trip. And Son was chosen as an audience volunteer to participate in the show. How cool is that?!?
5) Holy smokes there were a LOT of people everywhere. Especially Times Square at night. Aye Carumba.
6) Gelato = best sweet treat ever. Why, oh why, don't they have that where I live?
7) It was cool how every neighborhood was different and unique. So much diversity on one little island.
8) Embassy Suites Hotel rocks for a family of four. Huge room, bedroom for us, kids slept on the couch bed in the other room. Breakfast buffet included with made to order omelets.
9) Two words to describe the financial district = Concrete canyons.
10) One of these days I'll learn. Bringing exercise clothes on vacation does nothing but waste space in my luggage. No worries though, we walked all over Manhattan!
Have a great weekend folks. Time for me to tackle a mountain of laundry...