Friday, February 13, 2015

"It took 50 years to look this good"

I don't know what this is called, but it's a good glute stretch
Hopefully it's not bad luck to hit a milestone birthday on Friday the 13th.

I've decided to go with the mantra "fifty and fabulous"  although I made need to "fake it 'til I make it" because most of the time I just feel old.

We have forty miles on tap for tomorrow and it looks like the weather will cooperate. YAY!

Meanwhile, I'm keeping busy with my daily yoga. Here are a few more photos.

Some Side Stretch pose that I think I was doing wrong

Extended Child's Pose - note trapped cat in background. Hahaha!
The screen has been wonderful at keeping the dogs out.  However, one of the cats (the old one) got trapped on the wrong side the other day.  You can see him in the last photo trying to figure out what to do.

He actually had an alternate path through a cutout passthrough to the kitchen, which he eventually figured out.   Silly cat.

I think the half-century is in six more weeks. Our training plan peaks at 55 miles four weeks from now. Hopefully that will be sufficient to get us ready.  One thing I'm not sure about is the course profile.  However, we will be riding at a significantly lower altitude, so that will work in our favor.

Enjoy your day. Happy Friday the 13th and Happy (early) Valentines Day.  Hope you enjoy it doing something you love.

18 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Lisa! I'd say 50 is pretty fabulous. I turn 40 this summer and am completely terrified.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx and enjoy your 40s, for me that was the best decade of my life so far. Hoping to top it in this next one!

      Delete
  2. Happy 50th birthday! I really struggled with turning 50. Thankfully, I've had some amazing gains in my fitness and feel like maybe being in my 50s isn't going to be so bad...well, except for my teenage boys...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 50s seems intimidating to me as well. But based on day 1, so far so good!

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday Lisa! enjoy your big ride today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thx! looks like a great day to get out on the bike. looking forward to it!

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday. Yes, you do look fabulous. And flexible. And fit. Hope your special day was memorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Lisa! Like I always say, age is a state of mind. And WE don't live in that state!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - biking forty miles is a great way to start off your fifty and fabulous year! Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. we did 40 on Sat and another 16 on Monday (had the day off!). Yay!

      Delete
  7. Happy belated birthday!!! You look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your fiftieth! Like you I'm much healthier now than I was in my twenties!

    www.momshomerun.com

    ReplyDelete