Sunday, February 8, 2015

Fickle February

Bundled up for a chilly ride
 Last weekend, Sunday looked to be the better day to ride.  It had snowed/rained on and off Friday and Saturday, but the skies were blue and the temps had increased to upper 30s/low 40s.

Enjoying a spring-like day
I was sporting a balaclava under my helmet and had donned a winter jacket. All things considered, it was a decent day to get out to ride.  But it was definitely a wintery February day.

Fast forward to this weekend.  Much to my surprise, Saturday's high was 67.  It felt like spring!  I was able to ride with just arm warmers.  I didn't even need a light jacket, although I was wearing an extra short sleeve layer under my jersey.

Hard to believe the change from one weekend to the next.  Of course, this pleasant weekend was a rare event.  It looks like winter plans to return on Wednesday. But no complains for the spring preview!

Uninterrupted yoga!
Now for some yoga news. After a particularly frustrating few days whereby the dogs just would not leave me alone, I decided to invest in a folding four panel screen.

You may notice a few things from this next photo.  A few panels of the screen are visible; it's blocking off the arch to the kitchen. More importantly, no dogs!  They are trapped on the other side of the screen. I'm sure they could nudge it out of their way if they wanted to, but so far they haven't figured that out.

It is really nice to have uninterrupted yoga for a change. I'm not sure why I didn't think of this solution earlier; I expect it to enhance my yoga experience immensely.

10 comments:

  1. Ah, bliss! Warm biking weather and no-dog yoga! It's the little things, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ours is changing frequently, too. I'm glad I don't store off-season clothing away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mother Nature must be going through menopause. Hahahahah. That's the only explanation I can come up with for the cold, hot, cold, hot cycle.

      Delete
  3. Do they stare at you from the screen??

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dogs will not leave me along during yoga and post-run stretching. I may have to invest in somethin like this...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner. What a huge change from such a little investment

      Delete
  5. I like how you've worked out how to get your yoga in without furry company. I think I could do with a screen just for my stretching. Why is it that our dogs think it's their right to be involved whenever you do something at their level?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On the one hand, I love that my dogs want to be with me all the time. But on the other hand, sometimes we just need our space! Dogs don't get it. They are programed one way and one way only.

      Delete