Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Yeah, so THAT didn't happen

Remember the 7 miles I said I was going to run today?  Well, the ick that I caught while I was in Italy has worked it's way from my throat to my sinuses and now to my lungs.  Maybe if I feel better tomorrow I will try a 4 mile run.  Or maybe I'll just show up Saturday and let the 15K be the first I've run in 3 weeks.  Or maybe I'll be too sick to show up.  At this point, I really have no idea what's going to happen. *sigh*

Here are a few photos from Rome.  I was feeling miserable while we were there, so I really wasn't able to enjoy it as much as I should/could have.  Still, we did a fair bit of walking and saw a lot of stuff.

Crazy traffic near the Vittoria Emmanuel Memorial

The Roman Colosseum

Michelangelo's Peita at St. Mark's Basilica

Scooters!
P.S. - Sorry that I haven't been commenting on many of your blogs lately.  I promise to be back to reading and commenting more regularly when I am back to running more regularly.  

4 comments:

  1. I caught the ick too, we'll not in Italy but in Seattle, home sick right now...can't wait for this to pass...hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, take it easy. Just see how you feel and take it one day at a time. Sending you tons of healing thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you might have bronchitis. See a dr. Get some drugs. Rest up and feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for your cold. I hope that you can run as you want as soon as possible. Those places sounds .... familiar.

    ReplyDelete