Tuesday, February 14, 2012

mid-week ramblings


I'll start with a few photos of what I've worn to work fairly recently (It's a weeks worth of outfits, but these aren't all from one week).

I'm learning more about what looks good and not so good on me, but I think this is the last installment for a while.  I am getting really tired of snapping self portraits in the bathroom mirror in the morning.  Hahahahah.

There are two outfits that I wish to comment on.  The first is the jeans and camel sweater (right side, second one down).  I happen to like this a lot, so that is what I wore on my birthday. And yes, I had a lovely day, thanks for asking. :-)

Second is the long black skirt outfit (left side, third one down).  Remember when I mentioned getting compliments on the black short skirt with boots outfit a few weeks ago?  Similarly, this is the only outfit of the five from this post that I received any comments (all positive) about what I was wearing.  I'm thinking I need to wear skirts/dresses a bit more often.

On to a more running-related topic.  I managed to get three runs in last week topping out at a 2.9 mile run as the longest of the three.  I ran again today, just barely beating a storm, and got 2.5 miles in.  I'm hoping to run at least two more times this week and work my way up to a 3.5-4.0 mile run.  After that, I should be able to rejoin my group and it will be back to business as usual.  This whole return-to-running thing is a bit discouraging as I am so far behind where I was when I had to take a break for my knee and I'm still a bit reluctant to push too hard.  

Husband & I were hoping to get in a nice bike ride on Sunday only to wake up to find that it was snowing!!  So no bike ride.  I guess it *is* still the middle of winter, so I shouldn't be too surprised that the weather didn't cooperate, but it had been so nice all week that we really surprised about the snow.


13 comments:

  1. I love the skirt and top ensemble!

    I'm glad you've been able to get in some runs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the skirt picture and the black pants/long cardigan/brown top (left, second) the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorites are top right and the the middle one on the left :)

    Glad you are back running!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lookin' awesome! :)
    I cannot get a decent self portrait pic like you do. Seriously..it is sad my photo abilities..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea it's really feeling like winter here too. No snow yet, but it sure is cold.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yea no kidding. if we are going to have a milder winter, then Mother Nature just needs to stick with the program.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at you all sorts of adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am annoyed at having to pick out something to wear so I understand being tired of the self-portraits. You look cute though! And glad you had a good bday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's such good news you can get back to the exercise you love :) Patience IS a virtue (note to self: be like Lisa!) Happy Birthday, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah for good birthdays! I love being comfy. And I don't wear skirts enough!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look fab in everything!

    I think my fav is the skirt and top combo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. yay for being back to running. and happy late birthday. i think you look fantastic in all the outfits, i guess there's just something about a skirt that makes people notice, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait to get my bike outside! At least a few more months here.

    ReplyDelete