Monday, February 27, 2012

Catching up

Husband & I spent last week in Grand Cayman.  I posted just a few photos here; if you are interested in more, find me on FB.  I would like to say that this is only the third trip we've been on alone since having kids.  This probably goes without saying, but vacationing alone together is fabulous!  It was also the first time that both of them are truly able to fend for themselves since they are now both young adults.  We left Daughter in charge of things at home, and she did a great job.  I definitely foresee more of these types of alone trips in the future.

While we vacationing, we got a decent amount of walking done, I gave myself credit for 7 miles over 6 days, and I'm fairly sure that's an underestimate.  I also gave myself credit for about 800 yds swimming, although that was all with fins on while snorkeling.  As for running, well, what can I say?  Once again, my running clothes proved to do nothing more than take up space in my suitcase.  Oh well.

However, I did meet up with the running group bright and early Saturday morning after we got back and ran 4 miles with one of my running partners.  Brrrrrrr, it was a brisk 28 degrees when we met to run!  My knee felt great, actually the best it has since getting the recent shots.  Next weekend we plan to go 5.  I'm hoping to find time for a few mid-week runs as well, but we'll see if that materializes or not.

Sunday afternoon was absolutely beautiful.  Sunny skies, high near 60 deg with just a touch too much wind, otherwise perfect for a bike ride.  Husband & I went out for 16.4 miles with a few climbs.  Again, the knee felt terrific.  I'm ready to start building out on distance.  Have my eyes on a potential metric century later in the spring.

Sadly, now that it is Monday morning, it's back to reality.  I'm sure I have a big pile of work waiting for me at the office.  Have a great week everyone!

14 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great vacation and were able to leave things in your daughter's hands at home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! Vacations without the kids are priceless. Treasure them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic weekend! I felt like the Monday Blues this morning. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear from ya....and hurray for no knee pain!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a Monday morning back to reality too. Oh well, I'm working! Your trip sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. it just sounds lovely, and so refreshing to be 'just you' (and husband) not parents/workers. Great news about your knee!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a wonderful and well deserved vacation Lisa. Glad you were able to relax and enjoy it. Thanks for the wonderful photo's...waaaaaa, I want warm weather!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i bet that was amazing! yay for vacations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a nice getaway AND you are back running - life is good!! So happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome getaway! I am in need of some vacation time but have to wait until May me thinks. Blah.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been through Grand Cayman about 9 years ago on a cruise. Just reading about your trip makes me want to go back. It sounds like you had a wonderful time.

    I'm glad your knee is doing well and you're getting in some mileage.

    ReplyDelete