Saturday, March 19, 2011

Six Thoughts Saturday

Sorry for going MIA. Spent the better part of the week in Phoenix with Husband and Daughter. We had fun. In summary we enjoyed some warm weather, saw a Cubs spring training game, visited the ASU campus, had a failed attempt at a second Cubs game (sold out - saw a movie instead), visited old town Scottsdale, enjoyed the Art Walk, and ate lots of yummy food.

Today Son is in transit from California to spend his spring break at home. Yay! We are very much looking forward to seeing him. It's unfortunate that the kids' breaks didn't line up, would have been nice having him join us for our little trip.

Tried out my spanking new Garmin this morning. I ended up getting another 205 for a great price from amazon. Tested it out on my run-stop-walk-stop-run this morning (Uggh. Stupid knee!) and it worked like a charm. This probably means that my dead Garmin will resurrect itself, that's usually how things work out.

Came home to some nice spring weather, albeit a bit windy. I've been wanting to paint the indoor fireplaces and bancos. We went to get samples from Lowes after lunch. I thought we had some good colors picked out, but clearly the lighting in the store is very different than the lighting in our house. May need to go back and try again.

I was expecting a call from the orthopedics office last week telling me that the insurance went through so I could schedule my injections. Heard nothing. I guess I'll call them Monday morning and try to figure out what is going on. I'm anxious to get started with that.

Spring break is the only time of the year when I have normal bathing suit tan lines. The rest of the summer I end up sporting the traditional athlete's tan (which is sort of like a farmer's tan). How many of you are with me on that?!

9 comments:

  1. Lisa, you are one of the most consistent posters I read. I went MIA at the same time so I didn't notice! :)

    How much was the 205?

    I tan like a truck driver. I seem to run in one direction with the sun shining and then when I run back it's cloudy. I basically alway's have a really brown left arm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love Phoenix. Glad you had a great trip. Darn knee...hope the injections work fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the runner's tan :) mind you the cyclist's tan (fingerless glove marks and long shorts) isn't the best look LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to have a runner's tan at this point, but the drifts are only just now starting to melt away.

    I hope you're enjoying the time with your son!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't mind the runner's arm tans. The shorts bugs me though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's been spring-like but windy here too lately. I'm hoping it will calm down soon so I can really enjoy the mild weather.

    Glad you had a nice trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha oh man I know exactly what you mean about those tan lines. Racer back straps and runner shorts tans...it's going to be that time of the year soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ditto on the tan lines... well, whatever tan lines I do get!

    Glad you had a nice trip!

    Yes, Spring breaks never align with the kids. Never ever.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had more of a biking short tan so I don't miss that even though I miss having the time for long rides!

    ReplyDelete