Friday, March 22, 2013

Where did the week go?!?

Ran this weekend on both Saturday and Sunday and had high expectations to run on both Tuesday and Thursday after work.

On Tuesday, my running partner cancelled.  I could have run by myself, but opted to walk my dogs instead.  We went on our "regular" 2 mile hill walk.  The dogs loved it.  I haven't been walking the hill very much recently, so I really felt it in my glutes.

The next afternoon, I started coming down with some weird ailment.  Chills and body ache like I had a fever, but no actual fever.  Worked from home on Thursday and sadly cancelled my run.  While I think it was the right thing to do, it's disappointing that it's now Friday and I haven't run at all since the weekend.  First week that I could fully take advantage of  DST and nada on the running front.

At this point, I'm planning on running solo today.  Then tomorrow we're probably going to run 3 miles before a 5K fun run, then the actual fun run.  Sounds like a good plan at the moment, I'm sure I'll be questioning my sanity during the fun run portion tomorrow though.  LOL.  The bottom line is that I need to be training for a 10K and a simple 5K run tomorrow won't get me there.

In other news:  Husband & I celebrated our "almost silver" anniversary on Monday. Things change as the years pass by, but life is good. Son (who goes to school in California) will be spending the summer in Seattle due to landing an intership there; we will likely go visit sometime in late June.  Daughter (who goes to school here in NM)  is spending this weekend in the Chicago area to visit her Navy boyfriend who graduates bootcamp today and has day liberty until he starts A school next week.


6 comments:

  1. yep, I started writing something on tuesday night and then friday came around. ah crap. this week flew by!

    Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a great Annicersary! Sorry you weren't feeling well-hope you start to feel better soon! :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S.-I've been asking myself that all week...where did this week go?! lol

      Delete
  3. I've been feeling a bit off this week, too. Nothing as tangible as real sickness, but a mild sore throat and some mild stomach issues. I hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Late happy anniversary.
    Are you going to run today the 5k fun run?
    I hope you feel good now.
    Navy, I miss that job: I was a man in uniform for 20 years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you feel better by now. Congrats on your anniversary! Any marriage advice for me? We are getting married in 2 months :)

    ReplyDelete